|Arie Ardiansyah: Our Chairman and CTO, responsible for DSP algorithms, product development, R&D and “WIN or die” for Kuassa. He is guitarist, vocalist, and songwriter for Bandung melodic punk outfit Disconnected. Creator of the Aradaz Amp free plug-ins.||Grahadea Kusuf: Our CEO, responsible for all business and administrative duties within Kuassa. Used to design GUIs singlehandedly, but nowadays one half of the design duo alongside Bez. He plays synths, composes, and produces for Bandung electropop band Homogenic.||Adhit Android: Our Engineering Director, responsible for detailed product concepts, audio engineering, technical side wizardry, and support. Head engineer and producer for Infinitelabs Studio. Plays bass for the industrial rock band Helmproyek.||Rendy Bez: Our Creative Director, responsible for everything related to Kuassa’s visual aspect, namely corporate identity, visual communications, and UI design. Plays drums for Bandung indie pop band Olive Tree and Adhit’s Helmproyek.|
|Edwin Yudayana: Our IT Director, lead developer, responsible for back-end technology and roadmap development. A jazz guitarist, apparently fluent in the ways of heavy metal. He holds degrees in applied physics and computer engineering.||Rizky Syafani: Marketing and Communications manager, responsible for marketing, promotion, and brand campaigning. A bedroom producer
||Cil Satriawan: Our youngest member, responsible for reducing Arie’s programming load and occassional English editing. Aspiring producer, he sings, plays guitar, and writes songs for his Bandung indie rock band The Triangle.|
Kuassa is a software development company specializing in digital guitar amplification and audio processing. We’re deeply passionate about music, and our goal is to provide great tools to aid the musician’s creative process. As musicians ourselves, we believe that raw tonal quality trumps all, including an overabundance of features that may or may not be useful and distract you from your primary objective: creating great music.
The name “Kuassa” is derived from the Indonesian word “kuasa”, which can be taken to mean power, might, master, or authority. The name reflects our belief that a thorough understanding of both the creative process and critical thought, as well as mastery of a diverse range of fields is essential to creating great musical tools, and by extension, great music.
1. We prefer quality over quantity. In most cases, plugging into 100 amps, 80 FXs, and 90 cabinets won’t guarantee a great guitar track.
2. We’ve focused all of our attention where we think it matters most; tone.
3. We try to make everything as intuitive and streamlined as possible. We want you to be able to just forget the user manual (we’ve provided one though) and get straight to the playing.
4. Our (relatively) low price tag isn’t an indication of inferior quality (and vice versa). We’re just trying to be fair with our pricing.
5. Using guitar amp software means you are being eco-friendly. Less power consumption, less waste, and therefore reduced carbon footprint when compared to its hardware counterpart.