Frequently Asked Questions
Try deleting the Kuassa AU plugin (PluginName.component) from “/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components” then try re-install again. Now it should appear and work ok.”
Right-click on the shortcut to the DAW, and select “Run as Administrator“, then import the License(s) from that instance of DAW. You only need to do this once (you don’t need to Run as Admin every time)
Manually copy/paste & overwrite the license file you downloaded to “AmplifikationVermilion Files” folder on the same path with your *.dll plugin. Do the same with Creme, to “AmplifikationCreme Files”folder. For example, if your plugin is installed to:
copy the license file “AmplifikationVermilion.kuassa” to:
“C:/Program Files/Steinberg/VstPlugins/Kuassa/AmplifikationVermilion Files/AmplifikationVermilion.kuassa”
For 32-bit plugins, the default folder is in: C:/Program Files (x86)/
Copy/paste & overwrite the license file, for example “AmplifikationCreme.kuassa” to:
“/Users/[your user name]/Library/Application Support/Kuassa/AmplifikationCreme/AmplifikationCreme.kuassa”
Note: in OSX 10.8 and above, the User Library folder is hidden. Click on “Go” on the menu and press+hold “Option” key to show the Library folder on the Go Menu
You can use the license file to authorize a demo version of our plugins which can be downloaded from here. Here are the steps to authorize the plugin:
- Right click on your license download link, select “Save Link As” or “Save Target As” (depends on your browser)
- Do not rename the file, save the file as “[ProductName].kuassa” to an easy to remember folder, usually Downloads or Desktop
- Open your DAW, load the product in any point, Click on [FILE] button on the top left corner and select “Import License“
4. Select the ‘[ProductName].kuassa‘ file that you downloaded, and you’re ready to go.
It’s a permissions problem from the OS. Please try the following steps to fix it:
- Start a Terminal session from Applications->Utilities->Terminal
- Navigate to the preset(s) directory, write this command: cd YourPresetFolder
Example if you put the preset on the desktop write this command: cd desktop
- Write this command to change the preset(s) permissions, .kvp extension for Amplifikation Vermilion preset is used as example: chmod 666 yourpresetname.kvp
or if the preset name uses space(s), please use quotes (“) on the preset name: chmod 666 “your preset name.kvp”
or this command to change all available presets on the directory: chmod 666 *.kvp
Copy the plugin files (*.component) from: Macintosh/HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/
and paste to: Macintosh HD/Users/[your username]/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/
Do the same for VST plugin (*.vst) from : Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/
and paste to: Macintosh HD/Users/[your user name]/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/
Then, move the license file [ProductName.kuassa] to the corresponding location:
“Macintosh HD/Users/[your user name]/Library/Application Support/Kuassa/[ProductName]/[ProductName].kuassa”
- Delete “[pluginname].component” from this directory: “Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/
- Open your Host/DAW
- Make sure that the plugin is not listed anymore on your Host/DAW’s plugin list. This is to make sure that you deleted the correct plugin on a correct folder
- Close your Host/DAW
- Install the new plugin version. Make sure you downloaded the correct version on http://kuassa.com/downloads
Particularly for Logic Pro users, if the method above still don’t work please try this workaround:
- Go to folder “~/Library/Caches“
- Remove the “com.apple.audiounits.cache” file.
- Remove the ~/Library/Caches/
Our products is a VST/AU compatible plug-in for Mac and PC. Therefore, you will need a VST/Audio Units compatible host/sequencer software to use it, imagine it as a software running within a software.
This issue happens randomly due to the permission settings the installer not automatically set the plugins to “read&write” on some systems.
to fix this, please go to Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/[PluginName].component and open “get info”.
And change all the permissions to read & write (see attached picture below)
32 and 64 bit version Windows XP or Later, Mac OS 10.5 or later.
Native VST only. No DirectX, no RTAS, no TDM, no AAX at this time.
We do not provide RTAS, TDM and AAX format but you can use “VST-RTAS Adapter” to run the plug-in on Pro Tools. Anyhow, we do not provide any support for the wrapped plug-in.
Yes, it is. But it doesn’t utilize the 64-bit calculations, unless if you were using a 64-bit DAW.
A few number of DAWs always read both stereo channel and apply the effects even if there’s no signal on the input, for example: Sonar (Win) and Logic (Mac). On the top left of the plugin window, click on “IN” button and select only the Left Channel [IN-L]
sometimes it happened randomly due to the permission settings the installer not automatically set the plugins to “read&write” on some systems.
Then change all the permissions to read & write (see attached picture).
Yes all units have its own on/off switch so you can only use the unit/s (fx, amps and cabinets) separately.
a popping or clicking noises are occured due to the realtime calculations inside the amp, but on most guitar recording session this kind of noise won’t be a problem after your tone are set.
Starting October 2015. We sold our products through many of reputable online resellers. There, you will receive an [Order ID] which should be redeemed through our member area. Here’s how:
- Download the installer here: kuassa.com/downloads
- Create a user account at: member.kuassa.com, then our system will send an e-mail to you to activate the account
- Login to your Kuassa Member Area
- Click [Register New Product], then enter your [Order ID]
- The product will shown along with the license file’s [Download] button
- Download the license file, then use it to activate your product
- Visit: kuassa.com/redeem for more detailed info, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes, we offer crossgrade discount for customers who wanted to crossgrade from/to Rack Extension. Just e-mail us at email@example.com and please include your order number/payment receipt so we can verify your ownership. Then, we will send you a coupon code to deduct your final price.
User Manual are located on the folder when you installed the plug-in. Or you can access it by clicking the [FILE] button on the upper-left, and choose [User Manual]
Please write us a an e-mail to our technical support dept. at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our office is operating on Monday to Friday, at 12.00-20.00 UTC/GMT +7. Our typical response time is 1 to 2 day(s) after you send the support request, can be faster on weekdays, and can be slower on weekends.
For bulk orders, we could arrange special order. Please write to our sales dept. at: email@example.com or wait for our promotional programs in the future.
We, as a Non-European Company are required to collect Value Added Tax (VAT) on sales of electronically delivered merchandise and services to customers living in the Europe. Basically, it’s a form of consumption tax on the purchase price collected by European Governments.
You can read more about VAT here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_Value_Added_Tax