Frequently Asked Questions
System and Usability
Under which Operating Systems do the plug-in work?
32 and 64 bit version Windows XP or Later, Mac OS 10.5 or later. Only in standalone version, native VST, VST3, AudioUnit, and Pro Tools AAX.
No DirectX, RTAS, or TDM version.
Just installed the newest update of your AU plugin, and I cannot get it to open in Logic Pro X and/or GarageBand
Try deleting the Kuassa AU plugin (PluginName.component) from “/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components” then try re-install again. Now it should appear and work ok.
Plugin asks for authorization everytime I run it.
Right-click on the shortcut to the DAW, and select “Run as Administrator“, then import the License(s) from that instance of DAW. You only need to do this once (you don’t need to Run as Admin every time)
Manually copy/paste & overwrite the license file you downloaded to “AmplifikationVermilion Files” folder on the same path with your *.dll plugin. Do the same with Creme, to “AmplifikationCreme Files”folder. For example, if your plugin is installed to:
copy the license file “AmplifikationVermilion.kuassa” to:
“C:/Program Files/Steinberg/VstPlugins/Kuassa/AmplifikationVermilion Files/AmplifikationVermilion.kuassa”
For 32-bit plugins, the default folder is in: C:/Program Files (x86)/
Copy/paste & overwrite the license file, for example “AmplifikationCreme.kuassa” to:
“/Users/[your user name]/Library/Application Support/Kuassa/AmplifikationCreme/AmplifikationCreme.kuassa”
Note: in OSX 10.8 and above, the User Library folder is hidden. Click on “Go” on the menu and press+hold “Option” key to show the Library folder on the Go Menu
I cannot open the license file, the file extension is not recognized by any application.
You can use the license file to authorize a demo version of our plugins which can be downloaded from here. Here are the steps to authorize the plugin:
- Right click on your license download link, select “Save Link As” or “Save Target As” (depends on your browser)
- Do not rename the file, save the file as “[ProductName].kuassa” to an easy to remember folder, usually Downloads or Desktop
- Open your DAW, load the product in any point, Click on [FILE] button on the top left corner and select “Import License“
- Select the ‘[ProductName].kuassa‘ file that you downloaded, and you’re ready to go.
Yes, but only on AAX format in 32 or 64-bit. You need Pro Tools 10 or above. We do not provide RTAS and TDM format for older version of Pro Tools, but you can use “VST-RTAS Adapter” to run the plug-ins. However, we do not provide any support for the wrapped plug-in.
(OSX) Downloaded preset cannot be opened, it’s greyed out.
It’s a permissions problem from the OS. Please try the following steps to fix it:
- Start a Terminal session from Applications->Utilities->Terminal
- Navigate to the preset(s) directory, write this command: cd YourPresetFolder
Example if you put the preset on the desktop write this command: cd desktop
- Write this command to change the preset(s) permissions, .kvp extension for Amplifikation Vermilion preset is used as example: chmod 666 yourpresetname.kvp
or if the preset name uses space(s), please use quotes (“) on the preset name: chmod 666 “your preset name.kvp”
or this command to change all available presets on the directory: chmod 666 *.kvp
(OSX) Plugin does not appear on the DAW
Copy the plugin files (*.component) from: Macintosh/HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/
and paste to: Macintosh HD/Users/[your username]/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/
Do the same for VST plugin (*.vst) from : Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/
and paste to: Macintosh HD/Users/[your user name]/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/
Then, move the license file [ProductName.kuassa] to the corresponding location:
“Macintosh HD/Users/[your user name]/Library/Application Support/Kuassa/[ProductName]/[ProductName].kuassa”
(OSX) Audio Units validation failed / not detected on an old project
- Delete “[pluginname].component” from this directory: “Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/
- Open your Host/DAW
- Make sure that the plugin is not listed anymore on your Host/DAW’s plugin list. This is to make sure that you deleted the correct plugin on a correct folder
- Close your Host/DAW
- Install the new plugin version. Make sure you downloaded the correct version on http://kuassa.com/downloads
Particularly for Logic Pro users, if the method above still don’t work please try this workaround:
- Go to folder “~/Library/Caches“
- Remove the “com.apple.audiounits.cache” file.
- Remove the ~/Library/Caches/
I installed your product's demo for Windows, but it's only a single file (.dll/.vst/.component) and I don't find the executable file needed to run the product (.exe/.app) file.
This issue happens randomly due to the permission settings the installer not automatically set the plugins to “read&write” on some systems.
to fix this, please go to Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/[PluginName].component and open “get info”.
And change all the permissions to read & write (see attached picture below)
Under which Operating Systems do the plug-in work?
32 and 64 bit version Windows XP or Later, Mac OS 10.5 or later.
Native VST only. No DirectX, no RTAS, no TDM, no AAX at this time.
Can I use your plug-in work with Pro Tools?
We do not provide RTAS, TDM and AAX format but you can use “VST-RTAS Adapter” to run the plug-in on Pro Tools. Anyhow, we do not provide any support for the wrapped plug-in.
Do your plug-in compatible with 64-bit version of XP/Vista and Windows 7?
Yes, it is. But it doesn’t utilize the 64-bit calculations, unless if you were using a 64-bit DAW.
Whenever I load your guitar amp plugin onto my DAW, I get high pitched squealing and/or distortion
A few number of DAWs always read both stereo channel and apply the effects even if there’s no signal on the input, for example: Sonar (Win) and Logic (Mac). On the top left of the plugin window, click on “IN” button and select only the Left Channel [IN-L]
Can the preamps/cabinet sims etc. be deactivated, so one could use only the amps, the FX or the cab sim of Amplifikation One/Creme/Vermilion on its own?
Yes all units have its own on/off switch so you can only use the unit/s (fx, amps and cabinets) separately.
Why there's a weird popping noises from the plugin when I change preset? is that a bug?
a popping or clicking noises are occurred due to the realtime calculations inside the amp, but on most guitar recording session this kind of noise won’t be a problem after your tone are set.
Why your plugin failed the AU Validation on Logic/GarageBand?
sometimes it happened randomly due to the permission settings the installer not automatically set the plugins to “read&write” on some systems.
Then change all the permissions to read & write (see attached picture).
My license is expired
After a purchase, the license file download link will be expired after a week. That’s why our new Member Area will come handy. Read here to use yours: http://www.kuassa.com/introducing-member-area/
Otherwise, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, we’ll reactivate it again for you for no charge.
I bought your product at store X, and received a serial number instead of a license key. How I authorize my plugin?
You need to register that serial number in our member area. It’s a repository which stores Kuassa License Keys and will come in handy when you need to retrieve your license anytime.
if you haven’t create a member area before, here’s how, or skip to point #5 if you already have already registered a member area:
- Visit the Member Area here: https://member.kuassa.com or access through the support drop-down sub menu above.
- To gain access, please sign up / register by filling in all the required fields. You don’t need to provide the same credentials with the ones you entered when you do a purchase.
- After signing up, our system will send a confirmation e-mail to your inbox containing an [Activation Code]. Copy paste the [Activation Code], or simply click the confirmation link.
- After the code is successfully entered, you can now sign in using the e-mail address and password used during signup.
- Inside the Member Area, Click [Register New Product] to add your purchased plugins to your Member Area.
- Then enter your [Order ID]. The [Order ID] is the unique 18 digit number sent to you e-mail after you make a purchase, typically formatted like this:ABC1234AX-XXXX-XXXXX. Kindly check your inbox for an e-mail titled “Kuassa receipt” from “Kuassa, Inc. Sales Dept.” if you bought from our webstore, or search for the name of the store where you purchased our plugin.
- After registering new product(s) you can try to download your license key(s).
- A 4.19 minutes video tutorial is also available, please watch it for more detailed how-to.
- To change password, please use the [Edit Profile] button on the left. You can edit your profile, and the password field is located at the bottom.
- If you forgot your password, you can always retrieve it by clicking [Forget Password]. Our system will send a link to reset your password to your e-mail. Check your e-mail’s spam or junk folder just in case it’s mistakenly marked as spam.
If you have further question or a problem authorizing yours, e-mail our helpdesk at email@example.com and we will sort it out.
How do I contact for support or report problems to?
Please write us a an e-mail to our technical support dept. at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our office is operating on Monday to Friday, at 12.00-20.00 UTC/GMT +7. Our typical response time is 1 to 2 day(s) after you send the support request, can be faster on weekdays, and can be slower on weekends.
My computer is dead/broken/replaced and I lost my license
That’s where our new Member Area will come handy. Read here to use yours: http://www.kuassa.com/introducing-member-area/
Otherwise, send an e-mail to email@example.com , we’ll send you a new one for no charge.
Can I sell/transfer my license? What's your transfer policy?
Yes you can. Here’s our policy regarding license transfers:
- This is our current policy, which is subject to change at any time
- The process will be done manually on our database, so please allow us to do the process within a single week or sooner
- After the license transfer the new user gets a new license key with his name.
- The new user will get full service and support.
- The new user’s e-mail address is updated in the database.
- The old user’s license for the sold/transferred product will be erased.
- All licenses for our plug-ins can be transferred for a single time.
- Second-hand plugin’s cannot be resold or transferred
- The new user will receive future updates.
- The service fee is $5 per one-time transfer to cover our support and operational.
For license transfer how-to, please proceed with the next FAQ
I want to transfer/sell my license to somebody
This is the steps:
- Purchase a transfer license ticket here, the fee is $5(+vat) for one time transfer to cover our support and maintenance.
- Our system will send you a fulfillment e-mail and further instructions to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org stating:
- Your e-mail address when purchased our product, or order id (KSA XXXXXX-XXXX-XXXXX)
- The product(s) you wish to transfer
- The new user’s full name
- the new user’s e-mail address
- We will create a custom order for the new user to proceed, then he will receive a new license with his name. Please note that this step will be processed manually by us, so please be patient.
- We will delete your license from our database.
I have the VST/AU version, do I need to buy the Rack Extension version?
Yes. they are a separate product. But you are eligible for a 30% crossgrade discount. Just e-mail email@example.com for get the discount coupon
I have the Rack Extension version, do I need to buy the VST/AU version?
Yes. they are a separate product. But you are eligible for a 30% crossgrade discount. Just e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for get the discount coupon
How do I get the latest update for the plug-in?
You can download it from our website. 1.x updates are free.
How do I upgrade the plug-in to the next (i.e. from version 1 to version 2 ?
You can visit our products page at our website. The “upgrade price” will be discounted using a voucher we send to the e-mail address you provided when purchasing the previous version you owned.
I bought Kuassa product from other than here (i.e. resellers) and received a order ID/code. How to get the license?
We also sell our products through many of reputable online resellers. There, you will receive an [Order ID] which should be redeemed through our member area. Here’s how:
- Download the installer here: kuassa.com/downloads
- Create a user account at: member.kuassa.com, then our system will send an e-mail to you to activate the account
- Login to your Kuassa Member Area
- Click [Register New Product], then enter your [Order ID]
- The product will shown along with the license file’s [Download] button
- Download the license file, then use it to activate your product
- Visit: kuassa.com/redeem for more detailed info, or e-mail us at email@example.com
What the $@#*! is VAT? and why am I being charged for this?
We, as a Non-European Company are required to collect Value Added Tax (VAT) on sales of electronically delivered merchandise and services to customers living in the Europe. Basically, it’s a form of consumption tax on the purchase price collected by European Governments.
You can read more about VAT here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_Value_Added_Tax
Why do I need to pay a crossgrade price from RE to native (or vice versa)?
We would prefer to have a single license file for every products. Unfortunately, the Rack Extensions are handled directly by Propellerhead.
The Rack Extensions are closed proprietary format with different licensing type, fees, regulations, and limitations which makes it impossible to be treated like the native versions (VST, VST3, AU, AAX).
To be fair, all RE users are eligible for a discount voucher if they wanted to purchase the Native versions. We believe that our current options are best choices for both Reason users and other DAW users.
Can I get a discount?
For bulk orders, we could arrange special order. Please write to our sales dept. at: firstname.lastname@example.org or wait for our promotional programs in the future.
I downloaded the file: ProductName.kuassa from e-mail I received from Kuassa after completing my purchase, but when I attempt to open the file, or double-click the file, it says there is no association for the file.
The file: “ProductName.kuassa” is a License File needed to authorize the product. You need to install the plugin first from our download page, run the product using VST/AU compatible host/sequencer software. and authorize the product using the [FILE] button on the top-left of the product’s interface
Do you offer crossgrade pricing for Rack Extensions for those who own the VST?
Yes, we offer crossgrade discount for customers who wanted to crossgrade from/to Rack Extension. Just e-mail us at email@example.com and please include your order number/payment receipt so we can verify your ownership. Then, we will send you a coupon code to deduct your final price.
Where can I get the user manual?
User Manual are located on the folder when you installed the plug-in. Or you can access it by clicking the [FILE] button on the upper-left, and choose [User Manual]
What is your update/upgrade policy?
Upgrades means, for example: the Kuassa Amplifikation One will be replaced by a new version. e.g. Kuassa Amplifikation TWO.
An upgrade price is only applies if you want to upgrade from Kuassa Amplifikation ONE to Kuassa Amplifikation TWO which will have significant improvements in term of features and overall value. The upgrade price will be lower than a new purchase.
About updates, at this time our products is reaching version 1.x.x which are free for the owners of version 1.x .
License and Copy Protection
Do your plug-in use some kind of copy protection?
Yes, we are using a “License Key” method (e.g. AmplifikationOne.kuassa) to authorize our products you will need a valid license file by purchasing it in this website.
Is a demo version available?
Yes, you can download and use it for trial purpose. The plug-in is fully functional without time or feature limitation, but will generate noise or silence every 40 seconds in evaluation mode.
How do I authorize the plug-in?
When you bought our products, you will receive a payment receipt via the e-mail address you provided at our website’s store page. You will be given a link to download the license file with registration details, simply locate the License File using the [Import License] selection box located at the [File] button on the upper-left corner. For instruction details, please refer to the Authorization Section of the corresponding product’s user manual.
The plugin won’t authorize in Logic Pro
Please try to do the following:
Copy the license file and paste on the following direcory:
OSX: “Music/Audio Music Apps/Kuassa/Licenses/” or in full path “Macintosh HD/Users/[your username]/Music/Audio Music Apps/Kuassa/Licenses/”
If Somehow Vermilion Is Installed But Not Appear In Logic
By default, OSX hides the user /Library/ folder, to open it : Open Finder, click on ‘Go’ on the menu bar and hold ‘Alt’ button. There will be a new ‘Library’ menu selection.
Go to Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/ and delete “AmplifikationVermilion.component” file.
Open Logic, go to “Preferences -> Audio Unit Manager”, and see if the plugin is removed from there.
Download the latest version and reinstall the plugin
If the above method didn’t work, try to rebuild the AudioUnit cache:
Open Finder, click on ‘Go’ on the menu bar and hold ‘Alt’ button. There will be a new ‘Library’ menu selection.
Click on ‘Library’ and browse to ~/Caches/ folder
Delete ‘com.apple.audiounits.cache’ on that folder.
There could be a folder named ~/AudioUnitCache/ there, delete that folder as well.
Restart your Mac and run Logic to rebuild the AU caches.
My plugin(s) will not stay authorized!
Right-click on the shortcut to your DAW, and select “Run as Administrator“, then import the License(s) from that instance of the DAW.
You only need to do this once (you don’t need to Run as Administrator every time)
Manually copy and paste, then overwrite the license file you downloaded to “ProductName Files” folder on the same path with your *.dll plugin.
for example, if your plugin is installed to:
copy the license file “AmplifikationOne.kuassa” to the folder:
“C:/Program Files/Steinberg/VstPlugins/Kuassa/AmplifikationOne Files/”
Copy and paste, then overwrite the license file, for example: “AmplifikationOne.kuassa” to the folder:
“/Users/[your user name]/Library/Application Support/Kuassa/AmplifikationOne/”
My system said that the plug-in could not authorize
Check if you have activated the plug-ins using the correct method written in the corresponding user manual, or there might be a connection problem when you are downloading the license file. Please write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I get the plug-in re-authorized after reinstalling or formatting my system disk?
We recommend you to securely backup your License File received after your purchase, since the License File download link will be expired after 1 week since the purchase date. If something happened and you need to retrieve your License, contact us at email@example.com and we will give you new download link.